Legal Notices – Contact
Polam Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of our members. In general, you can visit us on the World Wide Web without disclosing to us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are several areas, however, that will collect certain information about you and we want you to know how we handle that information.
If you visit our website, Polam Federal Credit Union collects and stores information on the domain you use to access our website, the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the site, and the date and time of your visit. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various pages on our site to better serve our membership.
If you send an e-mail, Polam Federal Credit Union collects and stores personally-identifying information in order to process your e-mail, form or application. This information is not sold to any third parties. Due to the volume of e-mail activity, these messages are deleted after they are answered or completed.
If you visit a secure site, such as home banking, you will be asked for personal identification numbers which will give you access to the member only section of our website. This information enables Polam Federal Credit Union to regulate entry to the member only portions of our website and to measure member usage. Any identifying information gathered is not sold to third parties.
If you link to another site from any of our pages, you are leaving our site pages, and we cannot be held responsible for any information that may be gathered at a linked site. We make every effort however, to ensure that all linked sites follow similar privacy policies as ours to offer you maximum security and privacy.
Polam Federal Credit Union (POLAM) is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with POLAM.
As a member of Polam Federal Credit Union, you also have a responsibility to safeguard your financial information.
– POLAM will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services – no more.
– POLAM will protect your personal information. POLAM will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
– You will always have access to your information. As a member of POLAM, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
– POLAM will only share information when absolutely necessary. We will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
– POLAM will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our member’s economic well being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
– POLAM will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member of POLAM may elect to keep their information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed. At least once a year, we will remind all members of your right to choose.
FOLLOWING IS A COPY OF OUR ANNUAL NOTICE OF YOUR FINANCIAL PRIVACY RIGHTS
“We”, “our”, and “us”, when used in this notice, mean Polam Federal Credit Union.
This is our privacy notice for our members. When we use the words “you”, and “your” we mean the following types of members:
All of our consumer members who have a continuing relationship with us, such as:
– Deposit Accounts
– Loan Accounts
– Credit Cards
We will tell you the sources for nonpublic personal information we collect on our members. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms.
“Nonpublic personal information” means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records.
An “affiliate” is a company we own or control. A “nonaffiliated third party” is a company that is not an affiliate of ours.
THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
– Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
– Information about your transactions with us
– Information about your transactions with nonaffiliated third parties
– Information from a consumer reporting agency
THE CONFIDENTIALITY, SECURITY AND INTEGRITY OF YOUR NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION AND NONAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES We will not disclose your nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law.
NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION AND FORMER MEMBERS We do not disclose nonpublic personal information about former members, except as permitted by law.
AUTHORIZED SHARING OUTSIDE MARKETING SERVICES We may disclose the following information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf:
Nonpublic personal information about your transactions with us, such as:
– Account balances
– Types of accounts
– Date of birth
Federal Law allows us to disclose the information listed above with companies that perform marketing services to us on our behalf. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law.
Types of Businesses Here are the types of businesses with whom we may disclose nonpublic personal information for outside marketing purposes:
Services providers that perform marketing services for us Direct mail companies Reasons for Disclosing Here is why we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf:
To provide our members with information about additional products and services.
Limitations on Disclosure Here are the limitations we impose on the use of nonpublic personal information disclosed to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf:
We only allow direct mail solicitations.
You Can Help Us in the War on Terror The USA Patriot Act requires credit unions to take extra security precautions to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities. Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. These new procedures are designed to prevent crimes, such as identity theft and account fraud that terrorists commit to finance their operations against the U.S. and its citizens.
Your Understanding and Cooperation Are Appreciated.
When an account is opened or changed, you will be asked for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying government issued documents. The definition of an account covers a broad range of regular financial transactions such as deposit, transaction, asset, or credit accounts or other extension of credit. The required verification may be inconvenient for some, but a strong deterrent for terrorists and other criminals.
You can rest assured that we that we will only request the information required by the law and that we will use the information only for purposes of complying with the law. Your privacy is our top concern, and we will respect and protect it as always, consistent with the law’s requirements.
Thanks for your understanding and help in this critical effort. The war on terrorism will be fought on many fronts, and this is one of them.
For any questions or comments please write to:
Polam Federal Credit Union
770 Marshall Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
Contact your Local Loan Specialist
Open An Account
BECOME A MEMBER