If you’re constantly dealing with junk mail in your home’s mailbox, you’re certainly not alone. Many people who receive banking and financial information in the mail are hesitant to throw it away for security reasons, even though it can accumulate and add clutter to your home. Fortunately, there’s a solution for this unique problem – enrolling in e-statements. When you choose this paper-free option, your credit union statements go to your inbox and your online banking account, rather than you receiving a paper copy of your statements in your mailbox.
Why should you enroll in e-statements? Here are a few good reasons:
- It cuts down on clutter and paper waste. You likely already receive a lot of paper clutter in your mailbox, from mailers from local retailers to credit card offers and more. Opting into e-statements eliminates some of that clutter, as you will no longer receive paper copies of your account information in your home mailbox.
- Your personal and financial information will be kept safer. Even if you have a paper shredder at home, there’s no definitive guarantee that any sensitive data will be safe once you dispose of your paper statements. With e-statements, you won’t have to worry about your information falling into the wrong hands once you throw your paper statements away.
- It’s convenient, and you don’t have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. You can access your e-statements through online banking, so instead of relying on the postal service to check your account information, you can check it by logging into your account at any time – our services are available to our members 24/7.
- It’s good for the planet. Going paperless not only helps keep your home clutter-free, it’s also an eco-friendly solution for anyone interested in doing their part to help protect our planet. Less paper waste equals fewer trees being cut down for wasteful purposes, which is a win in anyone’s book.
- Better fraud protection and oversight. With e-statements, you can keep a better eye on your accounts as you have more ready access to them – making it more difficult for scammers to infiltrate your accounts. You can keep a closer eye on any fraudulent activity using e-statements as you don’t have to wait for them to arrive in the mail to detect it.